Saturday, July 13, 2013

15 Book-Related Confessions

Go to Good Books and Good Wine to participate.
To get myself back into the swing of this blogging thing, I am going to participate in the 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge. Today's topic is: 15 Book-related Confessions. Here's my dirty book secrets...

1. I totally judge books by their covers. I cannot abide a terrible cover. And for the love of God do not give me a book that was turned into a movie book with the movie pictures on the cover. I will cut you.

2. I have thousands of books on my to-be-read list. Thousands. It makes me want to cry that there is absolutely no way in my life that I will be able to read all of the amazing books out there.

3. Going along with number 2, I refuse to read trashy anymore. I just can't waste time on it when there are so many well-written, amazing stories out there. Sorry 50 Shades of Grey.

4. I don't always finish books! The horror! I used to read absolutely finish every single book I started but I don't anymore. I'll give it 50-100 pages and if I can't get into it, I give up. I just don't want to waste time anymore reading books that I don't love. It is actually helping me wittle my to-read list down.

5. I read more than one book at a time. I generally carry more than one with me as well. I am just afraid that I'll be stuck somewhere in the mood for non-fiction but only have a novel with me, or vice-versa.

6. My Nook Color is missing. When packing, my husband threw everything in the kitchen into a box and now that box is stuck downstairs in storage somewhere. I want it back so baaad!

7. There are ten books on my night-stand. I got a ton of books out of the library for my "summer reading" list and I have read maybe two of them. In my defense, I also have a ton of reading for school. Booooo.

8. I have 25 books out from the library right now. Again, in my defense, half of those are CJ's because he can't get a library card until kindergarten. But 10 of those are mine.

9. I hoard books. I love them. I love the look of them, the smell of them, absolutely everything about them. If I haven't read a book I like the look of it on my shelf and if it is a book I've read and loved I have to save it. I also am collecting all the classics in fancy leather-bound editions. So I might be a book hoarder. I'm comfortable with it.

10. 97% of the time the book is ALWAYS better than the movie. It's true.

11. I will sob while reading a book. Some of my favorites, I will sob at the exact same part every single time. (Stay gold anyone?)

12. My entire house may be in disarray but I will go directly to organizing the bookshelves. I just love the way they look on the shelf and when they are organized they make me happy.

13. I am a book snob. It's the English teacher in me. But if you have never read any classics, I will judge you. Except for my brother-in-law who has only read two books in his entire life. For some reason I am ok with him. (Those books were Freakonomics and a Calvin and Hobbes book.) The classics are classics for a reason. Everyone needs to read them.

14. I can't separate books from their authors. If a book makes me angry, either because it sucks or because I love it so much (ahem, George RR Martin) I will become so angry at the author that I will just... be very angry. Eventually I'll give it up and continue to read. I can't hold a grudge.

15. I love giving books as presents. I will take my sweet time trying to find the absolutely most perfect book. So you should be my friend so I can buy you a book. :) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I will try my darnedest to reply to any and all comments. Please make sure they are family friendly. I welcome discussion, but please no rudeness.