For reals though, happy birthday to me.
As of 5:39 Eastern Standard Time, I am 28 years old. Wahooo! My mom said she couldn't believe her baby girl was turning 28 and I said "I know. You are SO OLD." Hehe.
I am sure that we will have a low key day today. Might go see the Tall Ships. Might get a pedicure. I'd love to get a facial. Spend time with my hubby and my baby. Maybe go to dinner with some friends. My mother-in-law took me shopping today for some summer clothes. I was in desperate need of some new clothes. I am not a size 10 anymore, no sirreebob.
In honor of my 28th birthday, I wanted to list and share with you 28 things I am grateful for.
28 Things to Be Grateful for on my 28th Birthday
- My husband who works his hiney off for us.
- My son who works his hiney off to drive me nuts, but is freaking adorable while doing so.
- My health. I may be in pain from time to time, but I'm alive and not sick.
- My in-laws. I lucked out when it came to my in-laws. I am so grateful for each of them, especially my mother-in-law. And how many people can say that?
- My mom and her health. My mom had a scare recently with breast cancer. She had some chemo and the growth shrunk and hopefully will not come back.
- Old friends. I may not see them very often, but they are all just a phone call away.
- New friends. Those I've just met but seem to have known forever.
- My college acceptance. I found out yesterday that I've been accepted into a Master's in Elementary Education program. So excited to go back to school!
- My family. They're mostly crazy but I love them anyway.
- The VA (Veteran's Administration). Thanks to them, I'm going to be able to go to school for my Master's.
- The Army. It valiantly tried to kill me, but I got to meet so many amazing and wonderful people that it was all worth it.
- Books. Books are what gave me dreams and showed me the much bigger world out there.
- Music. It has provided the soundtrack to my life.
- The moon. I just love the moon.
- Stars. For giving me something to teach CJ to wish on.
- My dog. She may be the laziest dog ever, but she's my Kamipoopaloo.
- Blogging. For introducing me to a wonderful world of people I never would have met.
- My bed. For being really comfy and having the perfect little divot for me to sleep in while still having my hubby just a stretch away.
- My grandmothers. I have 4 grandmothers still living. A great-grandmother, step-grandmother, and both my parent's mothers. I may not see them much, but I am grateful for all I've learned from them.
- My village. It truly took a village to raise me, so I'm thankful for all of those who helped out.
- Laughter. For keeping me sane.
- Myself. Because I am awesome.
- Delicious food. Usually cooked by my hubby. Yummy.
- Egypt. It's always been my dream to go there and I did and I still love it.
- The ghetto I grew up in. I survived and I don't ever have to go back unless I want to.
- Rain. Is there anything better than the sound of rain and the feel of a cool rain on a hot day? I don't think so. And the smell? Heavenly.
- Hot showers. For helping me relax while also getting less stinky. Appreciate it.
- God. I know most people thank him first, but I wanted to list all of the things that I wouldn't have if it weren't for him and his plans for me.
I will not be blogging tomorrow, so you might not hear from me. Have a great weekend. See you on the flip side.Pin It