Sunday, December 23, 2012

End Of Year Book Survey – 2012

I didn't read as much as I did in previous years, but I decided to do this survey anyway. I got this one from The Perpetual Page-Turner

Enjoy, and don't forget to go and link up if you do the survey as well. 

Best in Books 2012
1. Best Book You Read In 2012? 
Fiction - A Dance with Dragons by George RR Martin.... obviously. 
Nonfiction - Your Best Birth by Ricki Lake. I cannot wait to get pregnant again. Now that I know so much more about my body and the birthing process and how important it is to know what you want before you are in labor. 

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn't?
Lady of the Rivers by Phillipa Gregory. I love me some Phillipa, but this book was just boring to me. It didn't grab me as much as her books usually do. It took forever to get through.

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
Becoming Sister Wives by the Brown Family. I knew that I liked them from their show, but now I feel like I understand them even more, and I love them.

4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
The entire Game of Thrones/ Song of Fire and Ice series.

5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
Hunger Games. At least I think that was this year...

6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
John Green.

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
I read a graphic novel for the first time, and it was awesome. I highly recommend Cairo by G Willow Wilson.

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
A Dance with Dragons by George RR Martin.

9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
If George RR Martin releases the next book, I'll re-read Dance with Dragons. I do plan on re-reading The Hunger Games, but I don't know if I'll do that next year.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?



Cairo by G Willow Wilson & A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray.











11. Most memorable character in 2012?
I'm still going with Tyrion Lannister. He's my man what can I say? I did also love the ladies from Saving CeeCee Honeycutt. They were very awesome no-nonsense prim and proper Southern ladies. Also, Arya Stark from Dance with Dragons just became more and more of a badass. I want to BE her.

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
The bane of my existence, George RR Martin has one hell of a way with words.

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
Your Best Birth by Ricki Lake. Like I said above, this book really helped me understand my role in the birthing process. I cannot wait to have another baby.

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
None really.

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?

“I am Cersei of House Lannister, a lion of the Rock, the rightful queen of these Seven Kingdoms, trueborn daughter of Tywin Lannister. And hair grows back.” - from A Dance with Dragons. 

I may not like the b*tch, but she is a BAMF.

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
Longest - A Dance with Dragons - 1045 pages
Shortest - Cairo - 160 pages

17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
Every single scene in A Dance with Dragons. Luckily, the hubby had read it so I was able to discuss.

18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Samwell Tarly from A Dance with Dragons and everyone else. He's just the sweetest.

19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously?
Sorry, but I have to go with A Dance with Dragons again.

20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else: 
I don't think I did this year. Oh wait, I read The Mermaid Chair, one of my sister in law's favorites, and I didn't like it at all. Ooops.

So what were your great reads of 2013? Were you as underwhelmed with the books this year as I was? What books are you looking forward to? 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I will try my darnedest to reply to any and all comments. Please make sure they are family friendly. I welcome discussion, but please no rudeness.