Sunday, July 10, 2011

Self-Weaning :(

I'm pretty sure the bambino is starting to self-wean himself off of breast milk. I feel two ways about this. One, I'm sad because I love staring down at him while he nurses and falls asleep and it's a great way to bond with him and calm him down. Two, I'm happy because that means we can start trying for baby number 2! It really came out of nowhere. Up until yesterday he was nursing when he woke up, when he took a nap, and when he went to bed. When he woke up yesterday he wasn't interested, he wanted his cheerios and fruit. Then at nap-time, he wouldn't nurse so I just cuddled with him until he fell asleep. When he woke up about an hour later, he did nurse for about an hour. Then he nursed again going to bed. This morning again he wasn't interested in nursing so he got his cheerios and fruit. Then when he started getting ready for his nap, Craig just took him into our bed and snuggled with him until he fell asleep. I didn't hear him fussing at all, so I'm assuming he fell right to sleep. He'll probably nurse tonight at bedtime.

He'll be a year in FIVE DAYS so I guess I knew it was coming soon. I can't believe how fast the time has flown. I don't know if this blog will still be around when he's old enough to go online, but I love you little man. Thanks for coming into my life.

So how did you all wean your babies? Did they initiate it or did you gradually wean them yourselves? Please share your stories and advice. Thank you!!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I will try my darnedest to reply to any and all comments. Please make sure they are family friendly. I welcome discussion, but please no rudeness.