Thursday, March 15, 2012

Apologies then Moving On

I just wanted to apologize that my blog got a little meme-crazy in the past few months. I sort of lost my blog focus for a little while, but I didn't want to abandon you all, so I just did every meme there was. But who wants to read a blog that is nothing but memes? If you wanted that, we'd all still be on myspace, am I right? I'll still be doing memes from time to time, but I won't be doing Meal Plan Monday then Top Ten Tuesday then Wordless Wednesday then Fun Meme Friday. It is just ridiculous.

My goal is to review every week, one children's book, one middle grade book, and then one "other" book. Obviously this won't happen all the time, especially with us moving next month (more on that in a future post) but it will help me to have goals.

I'm also going to stop saying yes to every single review request. I end up reading books that I don't want to read and I just drag my feet getting to them. Not that all the books I am reviewing right now are that way. I am genuinely liking most of the books I review, I'd tell you in the review if I didn't like it, but  I have to wade through some meh books that I have no interest reading to get to the good ones. So I'm only saying yes to books and products that I GENUINELY want to read and/or review.

So now that I got that out of the way, here's some news. We might be buying a house. What!? Serious, this came out of pretty much nowhere but we might be getting a house. I don't want to jinx it until it is absolutely official, but look forward to more information. Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, if I said yes to every review request then I'd never even have time to eat or sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I think I got so excited and honored that people wanted me to read their books that I didn't take into account the ridiculous amount of books I already have in my house that I haven't read or that I also need to eat, sleep, and be a mom.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I will try my darnedest to reply to any and all comments. Please make sure they are family friendly. I welcome discussion, but please no rudeness.