Thursday, March 22, 2012

Movie Review - Safe House

So this past weekend, hubby and I went on a date night to see Safe House. It is an action movie starring Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds.
The movie starts with us learning that Matt Westin (Ryan Reynolds) works for the CIA. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a cool field job, his job is to sit in a safe house and wait for criminals to be brought there. He's been doing this job day in and day out for 12 months and hasn't had a single "visitor". Then one day, a former CIA agent named Tobin Frost (Denzel Washington), who has been on the run for 10 years, walks into the US consulate in South Africa, where Matt is. He is brought to the safe house by an expert team of interrogators. When the safe house is attacked, all hell breaks loose. Westin must now protect Frost until the CIA can get him and learns the shocking reason that Frost left the CIA.

This movie was so action packed. Ryan Reynolds was amazing, and gorgeous obviously, but Denzel Washington stole the show. This man can't just walk into a room, he saunters. As my friend said, he just floats on in. There's a scene where he literally strolls by and shoots someone, all while getting shot at. He's just calm as a cucumber. Every scene that Denzel is in, he is the star of the show. The movie was extremely action packed. There were car chases and shootouts and everything that you expect from an action flick. There was a tiny bit of romance, but it wasn't central to the plot. It was actually just a little distracting. That is really the only negative thing I can think of about the movie. I gave this movie 5 stars and Denzel's performance 10 stars.


All images are copyright of Universal Studios.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love watching Denzel "saunter," so I guess I must see this one!

    Thanks....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I never noticed his walk before. There were some very tense scenes where I had to laugh, just at the way he walked into the room. Go see it, it is good!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I will try my darnedest to reply to any and all comments. Please make sure they are family friendly. I welcome discussion, but please no rudeness.