Tuesday, May 3, 2011

(Belated) Mailbox Monday

Something I've seen on other book blogs is "Mailbox Monday" which is when you list all the books that came into your home in the past week and where you got them. Just a cute idea so I thought I'd steal it. 


All of the books that came into the house this week came from paperbackswap.com. If you've never gone on there, its pretty awesome. Newer, more popular books are rather hard to get. For some, I'm number 23863423 out of 12323234545 so I'll probably never get the book. But for older books, its a great way to trade books you've already read for new ones. 


So one of the books I just got was Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton. I read a lot of books by Crichton back in the day when Jurassic Park was popular. This is one of the last, if not THE last, books that Crichton wrote before he died just 3 years ago. It's about pirates which I'm a big fan of so I'm sure I'll like it.


For my husband, I got the book Children of Dune (Dune Chronicles, #3)e by Frank Herbert. This is the sequel to Herbert's famous novel Dune. I know nothing about either but my husband says I should read them because I'll love them. I'll just take his word for it. I have way too many books on my to-read list to read other randoms. 


To add to the baby's big boy book collection, I got The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3). Eventually I want to have the whole collection for my kids. So far I've got 3 and 7-11. 


Finally, I got the book Cultural Literacy by E.D. Hirsch Jr. It's one of the books recommended for new teachers. The goodreads' description is "In this forceful manifesto, Hirsch argues that children in the U.S. are being deprived of the basic knowledge that would enable them to function in contemporary society. Includes 5,000 essential facts to know." 


So those are the books that came into my house this week. How about yours? Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I will try my darnedest to reply to any and all comments. Please make sure they are family friendly. I welcome discussion, but please no rudeness.