The aim of The Eclectic Reader 2012 Challenge is to push you a little outside your comfort zone by reading up to 12 books during the year from 12 different genres.
- The challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st 201. Participants may join at any time up until December 1st 2012
- Create a blog post committing to your participation in this challenge.
* If you don’t have a blog you are still welcome to sign up. You can create a shelf for the challenge at Goodreads or LibraryThing or a similar site Just include your name and a link to your shelf.
- Post your name, blog name, and the direct link to your challenge post in the Linky using the link below
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
- Select, read and review a book from each genre listed below during the year for a total of 12 books.
* You can choose your books as you go or create a list in advance. You may combine this challenge with others if you wish.
* Where a book is identified by more than one genre eg historical romance, it may only count for either the historical fiction or romantic fiction genres – not both.
- Literary Fiction
- Crime/Mystery Fiction
- Romantic Fiction
- Historical Fiction
- Young Adult
- Science Fiction
- Non Fiction
- Thriller /Suspense
- Your favourite genre
- Each time you read and review a book as part of this challenge, make sure you identify it by adding either a direct statement and /or the challenge image badge to the post.
- Share your review with other challenge participants by posting your name/blog name and title of the book with a direct link to your review in the Linky.
All participants that complete the challenge by December 31st 2012 will be eligible to win a book of their choice to the value of $15 from bookdepository.com (or paypal funds of US$10) to be drawn via random.org Jan 1st 2013.Pin It