Friday, December 2, 2011

Fun Meme Friday!

Go here to sign up.

What is your favorite Christmas decoration in your house?
My husband and I got married 2 days after Christmas, so we asked that our guests bring us Christmas ornaments as gifts. I got a white tree from Oh My Crafts and I put all of the ornaments we got on there. It's all white and prettiful.

Do you finish your Christmas shopping early or are you the last minute type?
I generally finish the big stuff early and buy a few little things towards the end.

When do you turn on your heat?
In our current apartment, I don't. We live in this little hidey corner of the building, so there are people on pretty much all sides of us plus two floors below us. The heat that those people use just kind of encircles and cocoons us. It's awesome. When I get up in the morning, I generally throw a load of laundry in the dryer and that makes it pretty warm. 

Do you ever wish your blog was private?
If it was, it'd be more of a journal than a blog, no? I have a journal-type thing already so that just would seem like a lot more work for no reason.

Do you put deodorant before or after you put on a shirt? 
Generally before, but sometimes, I forget and have to go back and do it.

Go here to sign up and see the other participants.

If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?
The only person allowed to write a book about my life is me. Also, my husband and I have discussed this and the title we came up with is "Dropped the Ball". As in, these are all the people who "dropped the ball" in raising me. 
If you could have a signed copy of any novel, what would it be and why?
It'd be great if I had some signed Shakespeare that I could sell for a few million. I would love a signed edition of The Great Gatsby though. I just love that book. I don't even know if there are any signed versions of it though. 
Horror or romance?
I generally like suspense more than horror, but I'd probably choose horror over romance. 
If you could choose only one time period and place to live, where would it be and why?
Ancient Rome. So much was happening then, it just seemed like it would've been an amazing time period. It is a toss up though between Ancient Rome and Ancient Egypt. It would be amazing to see the pyramids when they were shiny and brilliant to look at and the Sphinx wasn't staring at a KFC. (No really, she is.)
Do you prefer a bunch of small gifts or one big expensive one?
Smaller ones would probably be more personal so I'd prefer those.

Go here to sign up.



What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to books?
This is sort of a more recent thing due to self-publishing. Bad grammar/spelling in books. I've read a couple of self-published books which look like they weren't edited at all. I mean, the least you can do is have your mom give it a good once over. Not all self-published books are like this, but some are. That drives me nuts. I cannot take your book seriously if you can't use proper grammar or spelling. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I will try my darnedest to reply to any and all comments. Please make sure they are family friendly. I welcome discussion, but please no rudeness.