Monday, January 9, 2012

Book Review - A Kingdom's Possession by Nicole Persun


My review :  A Kingdom's Possession is the story of a runaway slave and a runaway prince. You wouldn't think those two character would get along, but they do. Max is the runaway slave. On the day she finally manages to escape a lifetime of slavery, the goddess Adahlia falls to earth and inhabits her body. The mythology is that as punishment for being a friend to humanity, every once in a while, Adahlia is punished by being forced to inhabit a human body. For some unknown reason, this time, Max is chosen. Johnny, the runaway prince, happens to see Max on the day she escapes. They then stumble into each other while she is on the run from slave-hunters and he helps her escape. 

It isn't until after they escape together that Johnny realizes that Adahlia is in Max. As prince, he has been told the story of Adahlia. He reveals to Max that the rest of the mythology is that whichever land kills the human holding the goddess will become incredibly powerful. 

From then on, it is a fight to get Adahlia out of Max without killing her. They meet all cast of characters, such as a living phoenix and the rest of Johnny's family - including his twin brother Perido. There's action, adventure, and of course, a little bit of love. 

There was only one thing I didn't like about this book. The names of the characters and places. They just seemed inconsistent to me. Twin brothers, one named Perido and one named... Johnny? A country called Valta and a country called.... Alice? That was really my only pet peeve about this book. Otherwise it was really good. I rated it 3.5 stars. I would recommend it to YA and fantasy fans. 

I received this book from Booktrope Publishing in order to review it. I was not required to write a positive review. This review is 100% my own opinion.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I will try my darnedest to reply to any and all comments. Please make sure they are family friendly. I welcome discussion, but please no rudeness.