Sunday, January 1, 2012

Random Reads (2)

Random Reads Meme – Hosted by ImLovingBooks.com

Random Reads is an awesome meme just started by I'm Loving Books. The meme is another one to get rid of books that are on your to-read list. The catch is, you are not choosing the book, it is being chosen randomly for you. In my case, I'm going to use random.org. I have 1320 books on my Goodread's to-read list. I'm going to put in 1-1320 on random.org and see which number it gives me. Then I'll read that book, provided I have it or the e-book isn't ridiculously expensive. Easy peasy. I'm going to be participating once a month. 

Last month, random.org chose Life of Pi. Did I read it? Nope, sure didn't. Didn't even crack it open. Or open the file, since I have it on my nook. It was just a crazy busy month, and I didn't even bother to start it. Oh well. Back into the to-read pile it goes. 

Let's see what random.org has in store for me this month.

(As a side note, last month I 1320 books on my to-be-read list. I now have 1375. I need to read some damn books.)

The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. When random.org chose this, I was going to skip it and have it choose another one. I just have too much epic fantasy going on right now. (I'm still slowly reading through Dance with Dragons because I don't want it to end.) But then I read what is quite possibly the greatest book review in the history of book reviews. If I could find a way to post the link to it, I would. It is on the goodreads' page and is by a guy named Michael. 

So long story short, I hope to read the book The Lies of Locke Lamora this month. In addition to finishing the book I'm reading for review (A Kingdom's Possession - it's really good, go check it out) as well as Dance with Dragons, Mistress of Rome, and any other books that might tickle my fancy this month. Gah! 


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating again! I hope you're able to get your reads done this month. :) December is a CRAZY month though for anyone, so I can definitely sympathize with you there. ;)

    The Lies of Locke Lamor sounds interesting too, I might have to check that one out. :)

    ♥ Sarah @ I'm Loving Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must got to GR and find that review by Michael. December had me so busy I fell sooooo far behind I am considering not accepting any more review requests it will be April by the time I finish them all! lolz.
    I wish I had more reading time :(
    Soon I will I just look forward to those halcyon days :)
    New follower <3
    Random Reads@Books&Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Epic fantasy but I am not reading enough of it. I checked The Lies of Locke Lamora and put it straight in my to read list!
    New follower
    You can check my Random Reads if you have the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I will try my darnedest to reply to any and all comments. Please make sure they are family friendly. I welcome discussion, but please no rudeness.