Saturday, September 15, 2012

Things I Found on the Interwebs (11)

I started back to school this week, wahoo! I'm taking Theories of Thinking and Learning, Intro to Special Education, and Intro to Literacy Practices. So how the brain learns, how the brain sometimes doesn't learn, and how the brain learns to read. :) I love all of my professors and I can't wait to do my student teaching!

But school has gotten in the way of my searching the internets for awesome stuff! Here's what I did manage to see and love this week. 

Blogging
Using fb and twitter on your blog and the law. Good information to know.
Using Photos to Enhance Blog Posts I figure if I don't have an image, no one can pin it, and everyone loves to pin. Pinning!

Recipes
Greek Salad Sandwich I will eat this all day everyday. 
Hot Cocoa and Snickers Milkshakes I looooove milkshakes. 
Dutch Oven Beef Biscuits
Easy Owl Cookies These are the absolute cutest. 

Books

Family
Simply Five Little Firefighters Craft. CJ is going to love this. 
A is for Animals. Learning and crafts. 
DIY Child's Growth Chart. I think hubby should make this for me.
Becoming the CEO of Your Home.

Halloween!!
Shrunken Head Tutorial Really easy and fast. Very creepy.

Education
Reading Conference Forms. For Guided reading and reading groups. Cute, free, and functional.
Constitution Activities for Constitution Day. 

Mercy House Kenya has reopened. Please check out their wonderful story and their amazing products. 


What are your thoughts on this as my new header? I want my header to be more personal.





Why I love New England. 


Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Love the pictures for the header, but I don't think your blog name stands out enough. Maybe add some extra space in the header somewhere where your blog name is on a solid background?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first link was interesting! It made me do some research to find out the Canadian laws, and apparently for Canadians to have giveaways we have to have a skill-testing question! But then, most of my readers are American, so for them I guess I have to tell them no purchase necessary? lol, suddenly giveaways seem way more complicated! I'm now looking into the requirements for me to allow Quebecers to enter. Good grief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some great links - I'll have to come check them out later! New follower from Thee Networking Blog Hop. Can't wait to get to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the post. thanks for compiling the great resource list. And I love the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have been busy, I always find the internet as a great distraction when needed. thanks for sharing defintilely going back to some of those articles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I saw the old header so I really can't compare that. I can say that when I went back to school as an adult, I found it interesting as well, learning how, what & why the brain does those brainy things! I'm a psych major, so I really did some brain digging.
    I LOVE the someecards at the bottom of the post! I could read those all day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing. I think we are going to try the Shrunken Head, It looks awesome and creepy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I will try my darnedest to reply to any and all comments. Please make sure they are family friendly. I welcome discussion, but please no rudeness.