Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Books on My Fall To-Read List

Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Top Ten Books on My Fall To-Read List

I hardly ever actually read the books on my to-read list, but we'll see how this goes this Fall. I love Fall. Have I mentioned that? 

Jane Austen Made Me Do It by various authors - A bunch of short stories all relating in some way to Jane Austen's books. One of my favorite authors, Lauren Willig, wrote one of the short stories. I got it right when it was published but haven't yet gotten around to reading it.

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King - I love Stephen King. I've never read a book of his I didn't like. But he breaks my heart every time I read one of his books. Just once I would like a happy ending. Just once. We'll see how he tortures me with this one. 

The Monsters of Templeton - Another one that has been on my to-read list forever. I fell in love with the cover and just never got around to reading it. Most people like it so I'm sure I will too.

Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry - I love Captain Hook and the whole Peter Pan storyline, so I have to read this. I have this and the second one so we shall see.

The Unburied by Charles Palliser - I have had this book for probably 7 years and I haven't gotten around to reading it. I want to read it just to get it off my bookshelves. 

The Gemma Doyle Trilogy - I am re-reading these. I just finished A Great and Terrible Beauty and so I have to finish the trilogy. I love Gemma Doyle. I wish there were a hundred more books about her. But alas, I must make do with the three. I hardly ever re-read books, so that tells you how much I love them. 

The Second Empress by Michelle Moran - This just came out August 14th and I actually didn't pre-order it like I intended to, but I am going to get it as soon as possible. I love everything Michelle Moran writes, so I'm sure it'll be amazeballs. 

Something by Neil Gaiman - I don't know which one to read next. Any suggestions? I've already read Coraline, Neverwhere, Stardust, and his collections of short stories. 

Something Tudor or Elizabethan - I love the whole Elizabethan era and obviously Henry VIII so I want to find another historical fiction book set back then. I've read most of them so I need to find a good hidden gem. Any suggestions for this one? 

And finally, I want to read all my books for school. I can't believe I'm back in school. So excited! 

What about you? What are you reading this Fall? Do you read more or less in the Fall? 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I will try my darnedest to reply to any and all comments. Please make sure they are family friendly. I welcome discussion, but please no rudeness.