Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Martha Stewart's Handmade Holiday Crafts

I was lucky enough to receive and eARC of Martha Stewart's upcoming book, Handmade Holiday Crafts. I absolutely loved it. I am a big fan of Martha's crafting and home-making. I subscribe to her magazine and wish I had the know-how (and the energy) to fill my house with all the goodies she makes.

This book is chock-full of awesome treasures to make. They range from simple kid-friendly crafts, such as the handmade Valentines and Easter pom-pom bunnies, to the fancy sea glass jewelry. What I liked most were the techniques pages. There were tons of pumpkin-carving techniques, tree-trimming techniques, and even egg-dyeing techniques. You'd think all of those would be simple common knowledge and then when you see how Martha does it, you think "Oh, why didn't I think of that?"

Some of the crafts don't necessarily have to be made for holidays. For example, my house has a sort of nautical theme going on. There were two crafts that I thought would fit that theme perfectly. First was the "coasters of the world" which were coasters made from old maps. Then there was the "paper-sail centerpiece" which was part of the Thanksgiving section. I could easily make that centerpiece and then have it on my mantel.

I definitely plan on buying this when it is edited and comes out so that I can get all the patterns that it comes with. The eARC was awesome, so I can imagine the full-color hardcover version will be even better.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I will try my darnedest to reply to any and all comments. Please make sure they are family friendly. I welcome discussion, but please no rudeness.