Today's list subject is Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again for the First Time.
1. Harry Potter - I think this will be a popular answer. These books defined a lot of our childhoods. We'll never again crack the spine and get sent to the wizarding world for the first time. I can't wait to read it to my kids so I can start over again through their eyes. It'll be like my Uncle Frodo used to read me The Hobbit when I was sick.
2. The Lord of the Rings - The great thing about Lord of the Rings (for me anyway) is that every time I read it, it actually does seem like I'm reading it for the first time. Yes, all the characters are like old friends at this point, but the book is so rich and vivid that you notice new things for the first time.
3. Any of Sherlock Holmes stories - I love Sherlock Holmes. Since I've read each of his stories a million times, I already know who the bad guy is and what the real story is. It kind of stinks.
4. A Great and Terrible Beauty - I loved this series and it'd be great to read it not remembering what happens to some of the characters in the end.
5. Gone with the Wind - Sometimes when I re-read this book, it really seems like I'm reading it for the first time. I feel like this book makes it to every list on here. :)
6. Jane Eyre - I find this book to be haunting and completely romantic. It'd be great to read it without knowing the spoilers.
7. I Was a Teenage Fairy - This is a really strange book. I think that if I'd never read it and came upon it now, I'd never bother to read it. Luckily, somehow it got to me while I was in HS, and I got to read it.
8. Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood - I read this entire series and everything that Rebecca Wells has written. In the final book, there's some crazy stuff that happens that sort of ruined the whole series for me. I was in love with the characters and always felt for the mother in the story. Then when I found out some other things that she did, I just couldn't feel any pity for her anymore. It really ruined the whole story.
9. The Thirteenth Tale - SUCH a good story. There's a crazy twist at the end that makes you go WHA?! It'd be hard to re-read knowing about that twist.
10. The Secret Garden - I had this amazing hardcover deluxe edition of this when I was a kid. It had both A Secret Garden and The Little Princess. It was awesome. I loved it to death. I wish I still had it. I remember the first time I got lost in India and then the moors of England and then the beautiful garden. Hopefully I'll get to read it again with my children and fall in love all over again.
Well there's my list! Which books do you wish you could re-read for the first time?