Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

Sorry this was delayed. I've been dealing with a really grumpy, teething baby. But here is my top ten for this week. The topic: Top Ten Book Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open 

1-4. The Song of Fire and Ice/Game of Thrones series - George RR Martin is an evil genius. He has an uncanny ability to end his book at the exact wrong moment. I just finished the fourth book and it ended with one of the main POV characters waking up blind. That was it. "So and so woke up, and they were blind." End. GAAAAH!
5. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - This one ended up with one of my favorite character's deaths. I was extremely saddened by it. I might have thrown the book across the room.
6. Catching Fire - I loved this series, but this one ended in a cliffhanger and I wasn't happy about it. Luckily, I waited until all three books had come out before I started reading them, so I was able to just jump to the third book. I feel bad for everyone who  had to wait for the finale.
7. Romeo and Juliet - Worst ending to a romance ever. It makes me sad.
8. Gone with the Wind - I really wanted Scarlett and Rhett to end up together. I still do. In my mind, he doesn't walk out the door. He just sweeps her into his arms and kisses her, because she needs kissing, badly, by someone who knows how.
9. The Kite Runner - My mouth wasn't really wide open, but I was sobbing uncontrollably. 
10. Shutter Island - This ending shocked the shiznasm out of me. Just out of left field completely. I still haven't watched the movie but I want to. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I will try my darnedest to reply to any and all comments. Please make sure they are family friendly. I welcome discussion, but please no rudeness.