Sunday, November 13, 2011

2012 Challenge (1) - Classics Challenge

Since I didn't start this blog until April, I wasn't aware of all the Book Challenges across the blogsophere until it was too late. Well, I will be remedying that next year. I did have one challenge. My goodreads' challenge for this year was to read 52 books. I figured with a baby, I probably wouldn't be able to read as much, so I limited myself to a book a week. I actually managed to finish my challenge last week. Wahooooo! It turns out, it is possible to read while nursing. Or to read while the baby is using your body as his personal pillow/bed. That's how I managed to finish.

The first challenge I will be participating in is the Classics Challenge from November's Autumn. Head over her blog to join. The rules are as follows.

The challenge:
Read seven works of literature in 2012. Only 3 of them may be re-reads.

How it works:
On the 4th of each month, go to November's Autumn and follow the prompt in a blog post. Each prompt will be general enough that you can answer it with whichever book you are reading that month.

For the rest of the rules, check out this post.




My list isn't official yet, but here is what I am going to try to read in 2012. I'm giving myself 12, even though you only have to read 7. I have all of these books on my shelves already, and the starred ones are already on my Nook.

The List
1. Faust - Goethe
2. Alexandria - EM Forster
3. Dubliners - James Joyce
4. The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket - Edgar Allen Poe
5. The Scarlet Pimpernel - Baron Orczy
6. The Magician's Nephew - CS Lewis
7. The Borgias - Alexandre Dumas*
8. House of Mirth or Age of Innocence- Edith Wharton*
9. Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea - Jules Verne*
10. The Murder at the Vicarage - Agatha Christie*
11. The Prince and the Pauper - Mark Twain* (re-read)
12. The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett* Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I will try my darnedest to reply to any and all comments. Please make sure they are family friendly. I welcome discussion, but please no rudeness.