Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

Go here for more participants.

Top Ten Books That Have Been on To-Be-Read List the Longest

Luckily, I've been reading them due to the TBR Interventions. I also have two challenges in 2012 to get rid of some of them, but I still have over 1200 books on my to-be-read list. Here's the ones that have been on there the longest. Stars are on the ones that I started and didn't finish.

1. Kabul Beauty School - Deborah Rodriguez* - I think I might delete this from my to-read list. I just don't have any interest in it anymore. 
2. Atonement - Ian McEwan - I made the mistake of watching the movie before the book. I'm not sure I want to read a book knowing that it has the most depressing ending ever.
3. What-the-Dickens - Gregory Maguire* - This was a little too post-apocolyptic for me. Might delete this from my to-read list too. 
4. Lost - Gregory Maguire - This one still sounds really good, but I'm not a big fan of the way Maguire writes. We'll see. 
5. Earthly Joys - Phillipa Gregory - Phillipa Gregory can do no wrong. Don't know why I haven't read this one yet. 
6. Reading Lolita in Tehran - Azar Nafisi - I loved her Things I've Been Silent About so I think I'll love this too. 
7. The Last Boleyn - Karen Harper - I have at least 50 books on my to-read list about the Boleyns. 
8. Jane Boleyn - Julia Fox - Yep, more Boleyns. 
9. A Death in Belmont - Sebastian Junger - True story by people who may have known the Boston Strangler. Being that I'm from Boston, I've always been fascinated by this case. Especially since DNA has shown that the person thought to be him wasn't. Freaky deaky stuff. 
10. Eragon - Christopher Paolini* - I can only deal with so much fantasy at a time. I might get to this once George RR Martin ends the Song of Fire and Ice series (which I hope he never does!).
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I will try my darnedest to reply to any and all comments. Please make sure they are family friendly. I welcome discussion, but please no rudeness.