This one is similar to one of the other challenges for 2012. Information and sign-ups can be found here. The goal is to read books that have been on your To-Be-Read list for a long time. There are 5 levels. You can move up a level (read more books than your goal) but you can't move down a level.
I'm going to go for 12 books off of my to-be-read list, which is the "friendly hug" level.
This one is a little different as each month there will different themes and giveaways. Click on the button or the link above to see the full details.
Here's the 12 books I will be attempting to get off of my to-be-read list in 2012.
1. Atonement - Ian McEwan
2. Eragon - Christopher Paolini
3. Princess Academy - Shannon Hale
4. The True Story of Hansel and Gretel - Louise Murphy
5. The Unburied - Charles Palliser
6. The Alchemist - Paolo Coelho (unless I manage to read it before the end of the year.)
7. The Catcher in the Rye - JD Salinger (Yep, English teacher who hasn't read it. That's me.)
8. My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult
9. The Host - Stephenie Meyer
10. The Shack - William P Young
11. The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman
12. American Wife - Curtis Sittenfeld
13. The Mermaid Chair - Sue Monk Kidd (in case I do finish The Alchemist before 2012.)