|Check out http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com/|
Top Ten Authors I'd Like to Have Over for Thanksgiving Dinner
- Mark Twain - By all accounts, he was a great conversationalist. I think he'd be the life of the party.
- Alexandre Dumas - I'd also need a translator. His books were a huge part of my childhood.
- Michelle Moran - She's really into history so we could geek out about all kinds of historical characters.
- Stephanie Dray - She and Michelle could compare their opinions on Cleopatra Selene.
- Phillipa Gregory - We could talk about Anne Boleyn for hours.
- Anthony Bourdain - Someone has to make the turkey and amuse the husband.
- Dr. Seuss - He can play with CJ and teach him rhymes.
- Neil Gaiman - We can geek out over Doctor Who.
- JK Rowling - I mean really.
- Charles Dickens - Hopefully we could get him to smile. I feel like he probably didn't smile much when he was alive.
- Stephen King - I can't believe I left him off. He's pretty much my favorite contemporary author, plus he's only a few hours away up in Maine, so he could come too.