Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

Check out http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com/
Top Ten Authors I'd Like to Have Over for Thanksgiving Dinner
  1. Mark Twain - By all accounts, he was a great conversationalist. I think he'd be the life of the party.
  2. Alexandre Dumas - I'd also need a translator. His books were a huge part of my childhood.
  3. Michelle Moran - She's really into history so we could geek out about all kinds of historical characters.
  4. Stephanie Dray - She and Michelle could compare their opinions on Cleopatra Selene.
  5. Phillipa Gregory - We could talk about Anne Boleyn for hours.
  6. Anthony Bourdain - Someone has to make the turkey and amuse the husband.
  7. Dr. Seuss - He can play with CJ and teach him rhymes.
  8. Neil Gaiman - We can geek out over Doctor Who.
  9. JK Rowling - I mean really. 
  10. Charles Dickens - Hopefully we could get him to smile. I feel like he probably didn't smile much when he was alive.
  11. Stephen King - I can't believe I left him off. He's pretty much my favorite contemporary author, plus he's only a few hours away up in Maine, so he could come too.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I picked Mark Twain, too. I read a biography of him last year and I got the impression he'd be great fun at a party. Or a Thanksgiving feast.

    Here's my Top Ten: Top Ten Authors I'd Love to Have at My Thanksgiving Feast. I hope you will stop by and sign up for my November Giveaway and my Gratitude Giveaway. I'm giving away two $25 Amazon gift cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for neil gaiman! and i love dr suess. i stuck to living authors or else he would have made the list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great List! Would think Wm. Shakespeare would be an interesting house guest..thanks for stopping by my blog today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I will try my darnedest to reply to any and all comments. Please make sure they are family friendly. I welcome discussion, but please no rudeness.